September 13, 2021
In accordance with BC’s latest Provincial Health order, and to continue to promote Summerland and the Bottleneck Drive as a safe destination for wine tourism, SummerGate Winery has implemented the following policy for proof of vaccination for wine tastings as of September 13, 2021. We value our customers and want to ensure a safe space for our guests.
We are pleased to offer the following options:
WINE SALES AND PICKUPS
No proof of vaccination required. Masks required in the wineshop.
SEATED OUTDOOR TASTING
Proof of vaccination required.
Enjoy our seated covered patio and picnic areas for a guided tasting experience. Tasting fees apply.
EXPRESS INDOOR TASTING
Proof of vaccination not required. Masks required inside except while sampling.
Have a quick standing wine tasting in our well-ventilated tasting room. Limit of one party at a time due to the small size of our tasting room. Tasting fees apply.
While we realize these policies may seem contradictory to other health regulations, Wine Growers BC has confirmed with the Provincial Health Office and the BC Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch that they apply specifically to BC wineries.
From September 13 to 26, patrons may use the paper vaccination record that they were provided when they received their vaccination. From September 27, the BC Vaccine Card will be the only acceptable form of proof of vaccination. The requirement is in place until at least January 31, 2022.
Thank you for your kindness and patience as we adapt to the new regulations.
The SummerGate Team
- We thank you in advance for following the orders of the public health office, including assessing your health before attending (and do not attend if you exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19).
- Reduced winery capacity: only 1 party in the SummerGate winery at a time please.
- Maximum 6 people per party.
- Please respect physical distancing of 2 metres between parties, and from others not in your party. We have put physical barriers in place to ensure the safety of our customers and workers.
- SummerGate will ensure no more than 50 guests on our property at any one time.
- We encourage you to use your own hand sanitizer before and after your visit. We have hand sanitizer spray available at the entrance to the SummerGate wine shop and at each table. We suggest using it during your visit. Our washroom is available for your use.
- We have increased hand washing and sanitizing of all surfaces and touchpoints.
- SummerGate wine tastings will take the form of wine flights on the patio to eliminate crowding in the wine shop.
- Please dress for the weather, as tastings will be outside.
- Once finished, and as a courtesy to the next guests, we ask that you clear your table by returning glasses to the racks provided and placing garbage and recycling in the bins provided.
- SummerGate Winery is following guidelines set out by WorkSafeBC and the Provincial Health Officer.
- We encourage you to pay by debit or credit card for contactless payment.
- We appreciate your patience, understanding, and kindness as we find new ways for you to experience SummerGate wines.